Three years after their initial debut, Nergal’s goth folk project Me And That Man are returning with a full-length album, titled “New Man, New Songs, Same Shit, Vol. 1”, out March 27 on Napalm Records. It will be celebrated with a special record-release show in London on the same day, including special guests from the album.
The new album, which features blues, gothic folk, outlaw country and Gothic Americana, features notable heavy music icons such as Corey Taylor (Slipknot), Brent Hinds (Mastodan), Matt Heafy (Trivium), Ihsahn (Emperor) and Sivert Høyem (Madrugada).
Me And That Man’s debut album, “Songs Of Love And Death”, came out in 2017, introducing the world to its unique brand of goth folk and blues, mixed with hints of gothic country. The dark album provided a strong contrast to Behemoth with its catchy melodies and relaxed rhythms, and gave Nergal space to express his creativity in a different setting.
“I would like to thank EACH one of our guests for being part of this project: Mat and Matt, Niklas and Jørgen, Corey, Alan, Addi, Brent, Vegard, Sivert, Anders, Rob, Jerome, Johanna and Nicke. I LOVE you all from here to the moon and back! Without the passion and heart you granted us, this wouldn’t have been possible!”
“New Man, New Songs, Same Shit, Vol. 1” track listing:
01. Run With The Devil (feat. Jørgen Munkeby of SHINING)
02. Coming Home (feat. Siver Høyem of MADRUGADA)
03. Burning Churches (feat. Mat McNerney of GRAVE PLEASURES)
04. By The River (feat. Ihsahn of EMPEROR)
06. Surrender (feat. Anders Landelius of DEAD SOUL)
07. Deep Down South (feat. Nicke Anderson of ENTOMBED / Johanna Sadonis of LUCIFER)
08. Man Of The Cross (feat. Jerome Reuter of ROME)
09. You Will Be Mine (feat. Matt Heafy of TRIVIUM)
10. How Come? (feat. Corey Taylor of SLIPKNOT and STONE SOUR) / Brent Hinds of MASTODON)
11. Confession (feat. Niklas Kvarforth of SHINING)